Local Events to Look Forward to This Spring
Early spring is a unique season in Northern Wisconsin. We are desperate for warmer weather but it can take some time to arrive. Here are some local events to keep you busy this Spring, while you wait for the lake to warm up.
Spring Events at the Minocqua Public Library | Minocqua, WI
The Minocqua Public Library hosts tons of events for kids and families throughout the year. This week is Spring Break at the Library with special events every day including open gym, arts and crafts, and an interactive movie. Events cater to kids of all ages!
Additionally, the Minocqua Public Library is hosting the following recurring events throughout Spring, until May 13th. These events take place weekly, with the exception of 3/13 to 3/17, during which the library is hosting special events for Spring Break.
- Storytime: every Wednesday at 10:00 am. Children of all ages are welcome.
- Wiggle, Giggle, and Shake: every Thursday at 10:00 am. Hosted for children ages 0-4 and their caregivers.
- Open Gym: every Friday at 10:00 am. Hosted for children ages 0-4 and their caregivers.
- Lego Club: every-other Saturday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Other Spring Events | Minocqua, WI
Minocqua is hosting a large variety of events over the next several weeks with food, music, art, and more!
- Northwoods Harley-Davidson Chili Cook-Off: This Saturday, March 18th, starting at 11:00 am
- 1st Annual Generations Golf Invitational: Saturday, March 25th, starting at 7:00 am
- The Belle Weather presented by Campanile Center for the Arts: Sunday, March 26th, 2:00 pm
- Forever Simon & Garfunkel: Sunday, April 2nd, starting at 7:00 pm
- Artrageous presented by Campanile Center for the Arts: Sunday, April 16th, 2:00 pm
- Yesterday & Today: The Interactive Beatles Experience presented by Campanile Center for the Arts, Thursday, April 27th, 7:00 pm
Spring Events at the Tomahawk Public Library | Tomahawk, WI
The Tomahawk Public Library provides activities to the local community throughout the year. The following events take place either monthly or weekly from September until May:
- Teen night: games, movies, and snacks for grades 6 through 12. 3rd Friday of each month from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Let’s move it, move it, move it: free play for all rolling, crawling, and walking little ones. Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Tinker Tuesdays: afterschool program for kids K-8 with games, STEM activities, and more. Every Tuesday from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Time for little ones: a play-based program for little ones and their caretakers. Thursdays from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Other Spring Events | Tomahawk, WI
Check out these and other events happening in Tomahawk throughout Spring.
- Tomahawk Figure Skating Club’s The Good, The Bad, The End: Saturday, March 18th, 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Dazzling Dave National Yo-Yo Master: Wednesday, March 22nd, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Sunday Afternoon Bingo: Every Sunday, starting at 2:00 pm
- WJJQ 38th annual Home, Sport, and Travel Show with Health Expo: Saturday, April 15th & Sunday, April 16th
- Chamber’s Annual Spring Swing: Friday, May 5th, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
We know that Spring can be a long season of waiting for warmer temperatures. Luckily, here in Northern Wisconsin, we’ve got great community events to keep us busy until we can all get out on the lake!