Create a New 2020 Thanksgiving Tradition in the Northwoods of Wisconsin
This Thanksgiving, many people will be spending the holiday away from family and friends due to COVID-19–related travel restrictions or safety concerns. Here in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, we are looking at the bright side. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax and remember the many things we are grateful for.
This year, we might even make some new Thanksgiving traditions. If you’re considering doing the same, here are a few ideas:
- Get outdoors. Take a hike or an after-meal walk and look for deer or moose in the woods.
- Play board games in front of the fireplace.
- Build a bonfire after dinner and snuggle up with a blanket while enjoying the crisp fall air.
- Take a nap. If you usually celebrate with a big group of friends and family, this might be something you don’t normally get to do, so take advantage of it!
- Use Zoom to eat your turkey dinner virtually with friends and family. You can still have great conversation, even long-distance.