Closing Your Cabin for the Season? This Checklist Will Help!
As the temperatures dip and the leaves fall, you might be starting to think about closing your cabin for the season. While it might seem like a daunting task, you can accomplish a little at a time to make it more manageable. Here is a checklist you can follow as you’re getting started:
- Mow and rake your yard.
- Store any and all watercrafts properly.
- Put away any patio furniture and hoses.
- Clean out your fridge and pantry.
- Defrost and unplug your fridge/freezer.
- Sweep your kitchen floor.
- Do a thorough dusting/vacuuming of each room.
- Clean the sinks and toilets.
- Take sheets and blankets off beds, fold them, and store them.
- Lock all windows and close all the blinds/curtains.
- Unplug small appliances and electronics.
- Shut off your water.
- Do one last walk-through and look for anything you may have missed.
- Take your last bags of trash out with you.
- Lock your door behind you as you leave.
Whether you’re already starting to look for a place you can enjoy next summer or wanting a cozy getaway for the winter, we can help you find the perfect Northwoods Wisconsin cabin that fits your needs! Contact us today so we can help!