10 Important Maintenance Projects for Your Cabin This Fall
Fall is here! That means that it’s time to make sure you keep your cabin in top shape as the weather cools down. Here are some important projects to tackle, whether you’re about to close up for the season or are hoping to make use of your hideaway during the fall and winter months:
- Put away and store outdoor patio furniture and cushions. Keep them safe from the elements and from critters.
- Drain and store any hoses that you have outdoors.
- Clean out your gutters, especially as the leaves begin to fall and can easily clog them up!
- Trim back any plants that will just be a mess when the snow melts.
- Rake up your leaves.
- If you have a fireplace in your cabin, make sure you clean it at the beginning of the fall before you start putting it to use.
- Check all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to be sure they are all working properly.
- Clean blinds and windows in each room.
- Find ways to critter-proof your cabin so that they don’t make themselves at home in your cozy spaces.
- Last but not least, throw away any old food in your kitchen! This is a big one. And if you plan to use your cabin in the fall, it might be a good chance to stock up on some new food items and staples that may have gotten used up this summer.